Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to open a QlikView local file on QlikServer of another machine?

I'm facing at my workplace where I would be given a sample QlikView Dasboard and looking at it I need to develop more of such for a new set of data. Today when I opened the sample, I obviously got the "you can't open external files" error. But my job is to work on QlikServer (licensed). So, I was asked by senior management if it's possible to open that external file on QlikServer.

So, what do you guys think? Can local QlikView files be opened on QlikServer without getting the external files error??

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Technically yes, but I don't recommend it. Putting the qlikview document somewhere where the Qlikview Server can acccess it is the way to solve this. That can be on the Server where Qlikview Server is installed or a share on a network drive that is configured as a mounted folder in your Qlikview Server installation. Creating such a share on your local machine is not recommended.

Or use Qlikview Desktop to open the qlikview document locally. If necessary you can lease a license from your Qlikview Server after you enabled that option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Gysbert Wassenaar wrote:

Or use Qlikview Desktop to open the qlikview document locally. If necessary you can lease a license from your Qlikview Server after you enabled that option.

Krishna, I think that's what you need here. You want to develop / work on a QVW, for this you would need a (licensed) desktop client. I can't see how the QlikView server would help you here except for providing the license.

Or maybe I don't understand what you want to do.