Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jslancas
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is it possible to recover a QVW from the Temp QVW Cache Folder?

After running into memory-related issues, I had to close a working QVW document without saving the latest changes.  Upon launching the application, I was prompted to recover the cached QVW file updated during the last autosave that ocurred (located in the default folder: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikView).  I made the changes again and saved the file (several times in fact), but apparently I did not save a copy back to my original working folder and upon closing the QVW, all changes were lost again (since the application purges the temp cached versions of the working QVW when the document is closed).  I thought I had saved a copy in another folder, but apparently I had not. 

Now I see no way to recover the latest version of the QVW since the temp cach folder purged the QVW and there is no copy in the Recycle bin.  Is there any way to recover the file (a hidden copy somewhere... although I have searched for one...)?  I'm assuming not, but wanted to get feedback from the experts just in case...  Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

(I wish QlikView would NOT purge the QVW from the cach folder if the file had not been saved somewhere else (in expression terms: if "working QVW path" = "cach folder path", then DON'T delete the QVW!!!)...  maybe that should be an enhancement request... 

Anyway - I would appreciate any input on this... Thank you.

0 Replies