Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is slow scroll bar response in charts normal?

Just got a complaint from one of our clients saying that scrolling on a bar chart in one of our reports takes forever to refersh.

So I took a look at the chart in question and sure enough, you drag the bar, nothing happens refresh-wise until you let the bar go.

It's a one dimension, one expression bar chart.

Thinking it might have to do with the complexity of the chart expression, the sort order, the chart orientation, the dimension limit or the size of the data model, I went thru and reduced everything to bare bones... set the expression to '=10', orientation=vertical, sort order and dimension limits disabled, loaded only 1/2 the normal number of records in the data model..  and the problem still exists. 

So then I went and looked at some other reports we have that use bar charts with completely different data models, dimensions and expressions.. and the problem exists there, leading me to conclude that the issue is in the implementation of the chart object itself.

Would appreciate knowing if anyone else has seen this and if there is anything one can do about it.

Thanks.

0 Replies