Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

Is there another way to get a Used Field from the dimension cycle group and use it in the Aggr function?

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a dynamic column inside a straight table showing the ranking and using the linear gauge representation. I use the Group1 cycle-group to enable users to select different dimensions and monitor several measures.

I think this max(aggr(sum(Sale), getcurrentfield(Group1))) does not work because the aggr function works only with explicit dimensions (Customer, Country, SKU, etc.). Although, if you ask me, the cycle-group is not a calculated dimension.

Thanks for advices

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If the group contains dimensions that are created as fields in the script it should be possible. If the group contains calculated dimensions it won't work. If the field name contains spaces you may need something like max(aggr(sum(Sale), $(='[' & getcurrentfield(Group1) & ']')))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If the group contains dimensions that are created as fields in the script it should be possible. If the group contains calculated dimensions it won't work. If the field name contains spaces you may need something like max(aggr(sum(Sale), $(='[' & getcurrentfield(Group1) & ']')))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It works. Perfect

Thank you Gysbert.