Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II

Issue combining data from multiple QVD's

Hello,

Existing code: TRANS and MASTER auto join by C_KEY. Join to master is to get REGION
TRANS:
Load
C_KEY,
YEAR_MTH,
I_PAID,
A_PAID
FROM
ABC.qvd
(qvd);

MASTER:
Load
C_KEY,
REGION
FROM
ABC_MASTER.qvd
(qvd);

New qvd 'ABC_DB_2_TRANS' pulling data from a different database and it already has region in it.

DB_2_TRANS:
LOAD
YEAR_MTH,
I_PAID,
A_PAID,
REGION
FROM
ABC_DB_2_TRANS.qvd
(qvd);

Issue: I want to join data from TRANS and DB_2_TRANS. But no C_KEY in DB_2_TRANS and REGION field already available in it.

How to join TRANS and DB-2_TRANS?

Please advise

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Kush,

C_KEY is not available in the table from which ABC_DB_2_TRANS.qvd is being created.

I joined TRANS and MASTER and created a new table and the  joined to DB_2_TRANS to the new table. Seems to be working fine. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Is it really necessary to join TRANS and ABC_DB_2_TRANS? If so, you will need a proper KEY between these two table to get the region. Check how ABC_DB_2_TRANS.qvd is created ? If it is created from a table which has C_KEY but not added to QVD then you can add a C_KEY and re create ABC_DB_2_TRANS qvd and then perform join.

aarohipatel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Kush,

C_KEY is not available in the table from which ABC_DB_2_TRANS.qvd is being created.

I joined TRANS and MASTER and created a new table and the  joined to DB_2_TRANS to the new table. Seems to be working fine. 

Thank you.