Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucky
Contributor
Contributor

Issue in Input box for selecting multiple values

Hi All,

I have an issue in qlik application

We are using material numbers with country code and plant codes based on the sales selections

We have an input box for bulk search with the combinations of material number -plant code and
material number-country code

Ex:
Material Number with plant code
1234567899-1234
1234668783-1243
1426253736-1466
1973527353-1653

Material number with country code
1876363736-US
1937338374-US
9183737372-UK
8389374737-EGU
8374738739-ECN

When we are searching for bulk material numbers with country code combination it is accepted
But search does not work when we have numeric values after hyphen but works for alphabets

Could not identify the exact issue. Please suggest.

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, it should work the same way, are you using a Search object to do the searchs?, is the field included in the seacrh object configuration?

Is "Material Number with plant code" a creted field or something that is calculated in front-end linke a calculated dimension or an expression? Searches only works with fields created in script, not the values created by expressions in front-end.

Can you upload a sample that replicates the issue to make some tests? Something like my sample attached (wich works searching bynumbers)

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Lucky, did Ruben's post help you get things sorted?  If so, do not forget to return to the thread and use the Accept as Solution button on his post to give him credit and let other Members know that helped.  If you did something else, please consider posting what you did and mark that as the solution.  If you are still trying to sort things out, please leave an update and more sample data as Ruben mentioned.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.