Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyCoin
Partner - Contributor III

Issues when Deliberately Shutting Down Nodes in Cluster

We are testing a cluster environment with three nodes. The purpose is to shut down nodes during low utilization times. The thinking behind this was that since one of the benefits of a clustered QVS is the failover aspect, so we can potentially shut down nodes at will and this should be no problem as long as the other nodes have resources. However we are seeing another set of quirks.

Among them are documents not showing up in accesspoint. Intermittently apps are showing and disappearing. Sometimes when opening an app we are getting a File not Found error message, when the qvw is clearly published in the root folder. And also QMC is stalling/freezing when trying to access list of published documents or seeing which documents are open on which node. 

I am leaning towards these being caused by QMC having trouble syncing PGO files between each node with one node down. Anyone have any insight? Is there something we are doing wrong with the clustering? Any insight is appreciated. 

3 Replies
cwolf
Creator III
Creator III

My experience:

Until version 12.10 it was not possible to shut down a single node in the cluster. The whole system was frozen.

Three weeks ago, I upgraded to version 12.40 and now it works fine. There are no more problems with stopping a single node.

- Christian

skyCoin
Author

Thank you for that insight.. I guess that it was a bug until 12.1?  I will test this out using a version greater than 12.1 and get back to this thread with the results. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just a side note as well regarding QMC and pgo files, the QMC/QMS has no involvement in pgo files, the pgo files are strictly handled by the QlikView Server services only, just wanted to make this point for any future reviewers.  The other poster is correct as well in their explanation of things, I do not recall when this got addressed, but I would expect 12.10 should be good, as I do not recall having run into this of late.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.