Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Join two charts, with all fields!

Hello,

I have a table with tasks, each has a list of subtasks, and another table with a list of subtasks. Each task has also a Work Time, and each Subtask has also its own Work Time. I have joined the two tables so I have each subtask related to its task, but its work time its not related to it, as you can see: (Clave is Task and Subtarea is Subtask)

1.png Image

My question is, can i join the two tables so I can obtain for example, the Sum of the Work Time of all the subtasks of a task?

Thanks !!

Júlia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you take a look at the table viewer (the icon with 3 tables) you can see that your tables are associated with a lot of fields that create a synthetic key. try to rename the field of the second table in order to leave only the subtask field associated to the first table.

let me know

View solution in original post

11 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you make sure that the two tables have one common field that is named the same you get a so-called key-field and that will constitute the equivalent to a join - in your case use a task-id.

Then you can use fields from each table just as you would in a join in SQL. and it is no problem doing your sums and counts.

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The answer is yes, you can but the join must be done on correct fields.

Not applicable
Author

I have one common field (Subtasks) but it only joins the Subtasks from one chart and from the other, but I can't relate the Time Worked of a Subtask with a Task. As you can see in the picture, the subtasks are the same but it has two relations, one to the time worked and one to the Task, and I can't relate the Task with the time worked of the subtask.

Imagen 2.png

Not applicable
Author

What do you mean? I have a field name Subtasks in one chart, and another one also name Subtasks (with the same information) in the other. The problem is that I can only obtain both information if I search for the Subtask, but if I search for Task, it doesn't show me the worked time of its related subtasks. (The work time is in the chart that doesn't have the tasks)

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

So this mean that the table of Task doesn't contain all the subtasks. The question is how can a subtask exists without a task?

Let me know

Not applicable
Author

It can't, the join of all the subtasks in the Tasks table is equal to the number of subtasks in the other chart. The Task has a field with its subtasks, so when I split the list I obtain a field with all the subtasks. On the other hand, I have a chart with the information of the subtasks with one field with his name which coincides with its corresponding namein the other chart, so I only name this fields (the ones with the name) equal and the join is made. But if I select a Task, it doesn't relate it with the work time of its subtasks. (But if I select a Subtask, it relates it with its corresponding Task and with its work time)

Imagen 3.png

Imagen 4.png

As you can see, in the first picture the Subtask its related to the other two. But in the second, the Task is only related to its subtasks, not to the subtasks worked time.. and I need to know, from a Task, the sum of the time of all the subtasks..

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

could you share your document?

Not applicable
Author

How can I do it? Its related to two Excels

Not applicable
Author

ok done its uploaded