Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Just a question - could I reduce my dataload here or not?

Hi,

just a question:

- In one of my apps (HR) I display several things: General personell data (how many, men/women, age-avg, starts and leavers AND the presence/absence quota), all based on the same base_load from the database.

- That base load is currently already limited to those employees whose leaving date, if before today, was in the current year (from Jan1) - the data is not correct for last year as emps who left in December are not loaded (I cannot load more data, it would become too big and would impact the database too much as I do a direct query every time with this app, no qvd_files).

- At some point in the script, I "pump up" this table to have one record per employee per day, from his/her respective start_date up to (either their end_date or today)

<=> Do I actually have to do this from their start_date or would it be enough to have one record per day from the start of this year?

=> I guess, since the data is correct only for the current year anyway, that would be sufficient.

I'm just not sure - I'm a bit confused these days, just lost my mobile, and that app is quite complex.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

0 Replies