Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Last month, last year function

Hello guys,

i have some problems with the last year and last month function.

I want to create a table like the following, with the sales of several months.

For instance at September 2013 if i select january - august 2013 it should display the sales of the

current year in sales 2013 (january - august) und the sales of the last year in sales 2012 (january - august) .

And in the other two fields i want to calculate the sales of the last month (august 2013) and august 2012.

Unbenannt.JPG.jpg

Use this expressions:

This two works fine, i mean if i select the january - mai 2010 i get the values for january - mai 2010 and january - mai 2009.

Sales 2013: Sum({$<Year={$(=Only(Year))}> } Sales)

Sales 2012: Sum({$<Year={$(=Only(Year-1))}> } Sales)

But it doesn't work by these experessions i, i get null. Except i select the current month.

August 2013: sum( {$ < Year = {$(=Only(Jahr))}, Month = {$(=month(AddMonths(today(), -1)))} >} Sales )  

August 2012: sum( {$ < Year = {$(=Only(Jahr-1))}, Month = {$(=month(AddMonths(today(), -1)))} >} Sales )  

I hope someone can help me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

what does your expression look like?

YTD should be like this:

SUM({<Year={'$(vMaxYear)'},Month={'$(vMaxMonth)'},Day={'<=$(vMaxDay)'},Date=,MonthYear=>}Sales)

and for prior YTD:

SUM({<Year={'$(vPriorYear)'},Month={'$(vMaxMonth)'},Day={'<=$(vMaxDay)'},Date=,MonthYear=>}Amount)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

look at this example

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try:

August 2013: sum( {$ < Year = {$(=Only(Jahr))}, Month = {'$(=month(AddMonths(today(), -1)))'} >} Sales )  

August 2012: sum( {$ < Year = {$(=Only(Jahr-1))}, Month = {'$(=month(AddMonths(today(), -1)))'} >} Sales )  

Note, the additional quotes.

Not applicable
Author

Thx for your example!

I have tasted it in my qvw and it works fine.

But there is still a problem.

When i select for instance january 2013 i get the same year in the field vPriorMonthyear and vPriorYear.

And because of this reason i get the sales for december 2012 two times.

Unbenannt.JPG.jpg

test.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, but with this expressions i have still the same problem as in my first post

michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

what does your expression look like?

YTD should be like this:

SUM({<Year={'$(vMaxYear)'},Month={'$(vMaxMonth)'},Day={'<=$(vMaxDay)'},Date=,MonthYear=>}Sales)

and for prior YTD:

SUM({<Year={'$(vPriorYear)'},Month={'$(vMaxMonth)'},Day={'<=$(vMaxDay)'},Date=,MonthYear=>}Amount)

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Can you please share a sample app?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all! Now it works

Here an example qvw, if someone need it.