Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Layout, variable and macro problems when viewing on a tablet

I am developing a dashboard, which works without problems in Qlikview and from AccessPoint on my laptop, and without problems through Qlikview itself on my tablet. However, when I access it through AccessPoint on my tablet, I get several problems:

- I have used text boxes as buttons. As shown on the example attached (FromQlikview), when you click one of the buttons, it should turn green (with dark green text) to show which view is selected. The unselected options are blue with white text. These are calculated in the Background Color area, using IF statements and variables. However, on the tablet through AccessPoint, only the green text is visible for the selected button; the rest are there, but coloured white with white text.

- I have buttons attached to macros, namely the Zoom In, Zoom Out and Fit to Window. Against these will not work on the tablet when the dashboard is accessed through AccessPoint.

- I have several small text boxes that act at borders (for example on the right-hand edge of the FromQlikview file); on the tablet, this has become a totally different shape (as shown on the FromAccessPoint file).

Has anyone else had similar problems, and are there ways to resolve them?

6 Replies
Colin-Albert

Are you using the IE Plugin when viewing the Access Point on your desktop?
The tablet will use Ajax so the functionality will differ.

This post lists the differences between the IE Plugin & Ajax

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-9167

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Colin has given the best one you van get few concepts from this thread too

AJAX or Plugin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The IE Plugin is installed on the desktop and the tablet, but for some reason the IE Plugin does not appear as an option on AccessPoint (only Full Browser and Small Devices) on the tablet, while it is an option on the desktop?

I have tried reinstalling the plugin on the tablet, but that hasn't worked.

Colin-Albert

I do not know if the IE plugin is supported on tablets.

What Browser version is your tablet running?  Is it using IE?

What OS is the tablet running?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is using IE11, on Windows 8.

Colin-Albert

Do you know what version & SR of QlikView your server is running as this is a factor in supporting IE11.

also exactly which version/edition of windows 8 is your tablet running?

Are your desktop machines using IE11?

If you cannot install the IE Plugin it looks like Ajax is the only option.