Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Left Outer Join

Hi,

Any help would be really appreciated on this one.

I am trying to join 2 data tables together. Table 2 has more rows than Table 1 but I only want to bring through those rows in Table 2 that match to those in Table 1 (For example the load would only bring through invoice details for those invoices numbers contained in Table 1).

Currently my script retrieves all invoice numbers from the table "F_INV_NUM" and then brings through all invoice details for all invoices from table "T_AC_INVOICE_ITEMS".

My current code is below;

LOAD
"F_INV_COMPANY_ID"&'|'&"F_INV_NUM"&'|'&"F_INV_TRANSTYPE"&'|'&"F_INV_SUBNO" as %KEY_INVOICE_ITEM,
"F_INV_NUM" AS [Invoice Number];
SQL SELECT * FROM
FLEETWARE."T_AC_INVOICES"
LEFT JOIN
"F_ITM_COMPANY_ID"&'|'&"F_ITM_NUM"&'|'&"F_ITM_TRANSTYPE"&'|'&"F_ITM_SUBNO" as %KEY_INVOICE_ITEM,
"F_ITM_NUM" as [Inv Item Number],
"F_ITM_ACTION" as [Inv Item Detail];
SQL SELECT *FROM
FLEETWARE."T_AC_INVOICE_ITEMS"

I think some variation of LEFT OUTER JOIN is the way forward which specifies the condition that "F_INV_NUM" = "F_ITM_NUM".

As I understand it LEFT OUTER JOIN would only bring through those entries in table 2 which can be matched to those entries in table 1. I'm just not sure of how to execute it.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Not applicable
Author

Hi John

Do you have the link to the article in the new forum?

The link above is dead.

Thanks

Moose

Not applicable
Author

Hi there, you are missing a load statement and the outer keyword, you may try it like this:

Invoices:

LOAD

"F_INV_COMPANY_ID"&'|'&"F_INV_NUM"&'|'&"F_INV_TRANSTYPE"&'|'&"F_INV_SUBNO" as %KEY_INVOICE_ITEM,

"F_INV_NUM" AS [Invoice Number];

SQL SELECT * FROM

FLEETWARE."T_AC_INVOICES"

LEFT outer JOIN

Load

"F_ITM_COMPANY_ID"&'|'&"F_ITM_NUM"&'|'&"F_ITM_TRANSTYPE"&'|'&"F_ITM_SUBNO" as %KEY_INVOICE_ITEM,

"F_ITM_NUM" as [Inv Item Number],

"F_ITM_ACTION" as [Inv Item Detail];

SQL SELECT *FROM

FLEETWARE."T_AC_INVOICE_ITEMS"

Regards