Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Legend not always showing on stacked bar chart until I click it

Hi Community,

Can someone help me understand why my legend doesn't always show on my stacked bar charts until I click it.

When I create the chart it looks like this:

LegendIssue1.PNG

The legend is missing. But then when I click somewhere on the chart, it shows up.

LegendIssue2.PNG

When I click around outside the chart, it goes away again. Is this because the legend is too long? I tried shortening it and didn't run into the issue. Example attached.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Jesse Unger wrote:

Thanks Stefan,

Is there a way to know how big is big enough? The bigger I make that, the smaller is the chart area. I see that if I keep adding characteristics, the legend turns into a scrollable box in any case...

Jesse,

since you asked for a way to know how big is big enough: I don't know it. It's always a little bit of fiddling around when changing these legend settings and positions.

This effect you've seen when clicking around seems to be more a bug than a feature to me. If you can't increase your chart size, I think using a legend in a chart this small is not really user friendly.

Maybe consider removing the legend completely from the chart and display all dimension values and their color in another object, like one legend for the complete sheet.

I remember a blog post here in the forum on how to do that, but just can't find it right now.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

16 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Jesse,

you can enlarge the legend area a tiny little bit, this should allow Qlik to draw the legend all the time.

You can do so by using CTRL-SHIFT and the mouse when the chart is active.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefan,

Is there a way to know how big is big enough? The bigger I make that, the smaller is the chart area. I see that if I keep adding characteristics, the legend turns into a scrollable box in any case...

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

May be you can adjust your legends box (not a bar - so the bar will not affect) based on you characteristics values.

Just, i tried with 6 characteristics value..

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

use Ctrl+Shift to adjust your bars and legends....

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Another possibility is that another sheet object is overlaying the bottom of the chart (but on the same layer). When you click on the chart, you are bringing the chart to the top, making the legend visible.

When the legend is not visible, right click on that area of the sheet and select Properties... This will allow you to inspect the object at the top at that location. If it is not the chart, then that is your problem. Resize the object so that it does not overlay the chart, or put it on a lower layer (Properties | Layout).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

So in this case I'd have to have a legend on the right?

Not applicable
Author

Yeah that's how I got the legend on the bottom. The problem is sometime it appears and sometimes it does not.

Not applicable
Author

I posted an app example with only a minimum of elements, so I know this is not the problem. It's inherent in the object itself

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

in chart properties

general tab

there is   down:reset user sizing

reset user docking

clik once and chk the chart once.

May helps u