Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Plot on Graph

I am trying to connect the minimum and maximum plot points on this graph.  I did it with a bar on a bar chart but it does not resize appropriately.  Any idea on how just to make a line connect the two points?

17 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Not sure what you want, would you mind posting an image of what you need?

Not applicable
Author

I posted the Qlik document.  It has one example where the two data points are connected with a bar but I want a better solution if resized.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the left chart,

• Disable/Delete the fourth expression.
  • Enter 'MinRad' in the expression for Bar Offset (expand the expression tree for MaxRad - MinRad)

I don't understand why you say that the current solution doesn't "resize correctly". What do you mean exactly?

Not applicable
Author

When you resize the chart the bar gets bigger.  I want it to stay the same size.  If I could some how connect the two dots that would be best.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Maybe using Error Bars?

Capturar.PNG

Capturar.PNG

Not applicable
Author

This is a possibility.  Can we make them thicker?  Can we make them appear behind the icons?  Also how did you do it?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

• Go to Expressions and Select the 3rd one
  • Check "Has Errors Bars" it would enable Error Above and Error Below for "curr" expression
  • Go to Presentation Tab and "play" with "Error Bars" group
  • Not sure about how to make them appear behind the icons

I´ve attached my qvw, did you check it?

Not applicable
Author

How does it know how long to make the bars?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You enter the correct expressions for each segment. (for example MaxRad - currr for the segment Above)

And I think that error bars will always be displayed on top of everything else.