Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart causes error: OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY

Hi,

I know that there are lots of Threads about this error, but i could not find someone with the same problem:

I have a worksheet with only one single line chart. It only has one dimension (timestamp) and one simple expression (measurement value).

Now, if I open the worksheet via Accesspoint (IE Plugin) I get the error “OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY, allocating 38.75 MB”

I get the error while the line chart is loading. The strange thing is, if convert the line chart to a straight table I don’t get this error. I also do not get this error if I open the line chart via Full Browser Version or Desktop Version. It seems that there is a conflict with the Plug-In or something?

Requirements

1 table with about 80m lines

Server: 65 GB, 6 core

Client Build Number: 11.20.12742.0

IE: Version 11

Plug-In Version: 11.20.0.0

I hope someone could help me.

Thank you

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Do you really need the timestamp as dimension or would be a date- and/or a time-dimension be sufficient? Then timestamps are needing a lot of resources. Another thought is to use a combi-chart (with lines or points) instead of the line-chart - maybe it handled it differently.

Quite often it's also useful to implement calculation-conditions to prevent that objects calculate all data over a very granular level n- maybe something like: getselectedcount(YearMonth) < 24.

- Marcus

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried to install the same IE client version number as used in the server?

It's recommended to keep IE plugin version and server version in sync.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

unfortunately I need the timestamp because my calculation shows values exact to the second.

I also tried your thought about the combi-chart but I get the same error.

About the calculation-conditions i have to say that i pre-filter the date in the script back to four years and i want to show the whole four years.

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

I checked the version numbers again and actually they both (IE Plugin and QlikViewServer) have the same version number 11.20.12742.0

I just found out that the error massage comes from an Addon in IE11 called QlikOcx (as seen in the picture) but I don't know what this Addon is for?

09-05-2016 16-37-05.png