Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Link within Straigh table

Hello All,

I am looking to add an expression as a link within a straight table with a simple text "view details" and by clicking on the cell it will populate a details table. Is this possible within a straight table? is there an alternative way to add an action?

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I don't think there is an easy way to have something like a link in an straight table that will open another chart in the same application (though you will probably find some examples here in the forum that show something like this using an overlay of transparent text boxes).

I would suggest that the user can make a selection on the straight table dimensions (by just clicking on the line), then either show automatically a details tables using a conditional show expression or by using a button 'Show details' (again using a variable and show condition).

In the show condition, you can check e.g. that only one dimensional value is possible, like

=GetPossibleCount( Field ) = 1