Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linked control "selected" state indication not being updated

Hi,

I'm passing parameters to my application via URL and setting the field selection values using the parameters is working fine but the fields being set using the parameters are the key fields and not the fields in the list box controls. Our developers are passing "numeric id" values to the record and the list box controls on display are text fields in the record.

qvp://na.dashboard.vistaprint.net/Marketing%20Hub.qvw?vParam_Channel_Id=3

channel_id channel_name

3 "Affiliate"

Using the following logic I am able to apply the selection to the channel_id field but the channel_name list box value of "Affiliate" is not "selected". The filtering is being applied, the proper channel_name moves to the top of the "Channel" list box but the text "is selected" indication of the green background color is not being applied.

ActiveDocument.Fields("channel_id"). Select ActiveDocument.GetVariable("vParam_Channel_Id").GetContent. string

Is there a "refresh" or "update" command I need to pass to the "Channel" list box to get the "selection" to apply to the proper item? I know the item in the Channel list box is selected but to the user it isn't necessarily obvious.

Thanks,

Dave

2 Replies
d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

Use following in Macro Module:

ActiveDocument.Fields("channel_id"). Select ActiveDocument.GetVariable("vParam_Channel_Id").GetContent. string
ActiveDocument.Fields("channel_name").SelectPossible

Cheers

Darius

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Darius - that did the trick.