Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking text (making FAQ)

I'm developing an FAQ through QlikView and were wondering if it were possible to do the following and if so, how to go about doing it:

1. Have a drop-down list of categoies of different questions (Filtering questions, Zoom-in questions, etc.)

2. If a category is clicked, it will send you to a list of questions and their corresponding answers

3. A search capability that will search throughout every category to find whatever is queried in the search box

Thanks!

3 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hi Josh,

Great use of Qlikview! The associated model is very suitable for FAQ-apps.

Here is a small example that should get you started.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the example Alexander!

So instead of articles, let's say I would like to have a box for questions that populate when a specific category is selected, and then the corresponding answer appears when a specific question is selected. I have attached some mock data (please excuse the questions) if this helps in applying it. Thanks!

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Sure, for this example I have only used list boxes but would work for any other object you would like to use.

I only inserted a show condition, i.e dont show the list box unless a category/question is selected.

You could of course use calculation conditions if you wanna display the object without any data displayed in it.

You will find the show condition under the object properties -> Layout tab