Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duncanblaine
Creator
Creator

List Box isn't picking up change from 'Always One Selected' to Multi Select in Ajax mode

I'm working on a QlikView application (V11.20) that has many users accessing a document via Access Point.
I made an update to a List Box (Windows checkboxes), changing it from 'Always One Selected' to allowing multiple selections.

I tested the application and had it working fine in Beta mode via Ajax.

Once tested, I saved the Beta version over the Live version.

When logging in to the application via the Access Point (ie. Ajax mode) the List Box was still showing as a Radio box which would not take multiple selections.

The document had picked up all my other changes, so it had definitely updated.

Notably, logging in with a brand new User account actually did pick up the change correctly, however all the other User accounts I tried did not pick up the change.

I went through the following steps to try an force the change:

• Defaulting the field to have multiple selections. Surprised this didn't shake it! It just reverted to my last session choice.
  • Removing the triggers that set a default value on the list box. This had no effect
  • Copying and replacing the List box object so it had a new Object Id. This has no effect
  • Deleting the .meta file. Scary option, but I was desperate. It had no effect and the .meta file has never returned

What did work was

• Renaming the field. Which was not ideal as Users may have had bookmarks including the old field.

The only factors that I think might have had an impact are:

• Ajax mode seems to cache a users previous selections
  • Users had saved bookmarks which could have included that field - although I can't see why that would matter.

It concerns me that changes that work fine in one document (eg. live Beta) aren't always going to work in another document in the exact environment.

Could anyone shed any light on this?

Perhaps there is a better procedure for moving documents into a live Access Point environment?

Could there be some caching that needed clearing?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
madhumitha
Creator
Creator

Hello Duncan,

Clearing the Cache does help a lot of issues with Axaj client.

duncanblaine
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Madhumitha
Are you referring to the browser cache or the QlikView cache via 'Remove Last Document State'?

I definitely did clear the browser cache and that didn't work.
I wasn't actually aware of the Remove Last Document State option as our Access Point was customised to hide the View Details link.

madhumitha
Creator
Creator

Hi Duncan,

I was refereeing to the Browser cache. If that doesn't help, then we have to look in for more deeper options.