Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List box with values to search through data field, wildcard match or wild match

Hello all.

Not sure if this is possible but thought I would ask.

Lets say, my data has a field called audience which contains values like "Director/Manager", "Manager/Analyst" and "Director/Manager/Analyst". Now, I know if i create a list box to filter the data, that it would have those same values. However, is it possible to just have in a list box the values of "Director", "Manager" and "Analyst"? Then it would go against that audience field and filter the data with matches the selection, almost like a wild card match or wild match.

So, if I select "Director" it would find the matches of Director in the records with "Director/Manager" or "Director/Manager/Analyst" and display both sets of results?

Hope it makes sense,

Thanks,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You can create a linktable where you cna create a distinct list of all your audience types:

LINK:

LOAD AudienceField,

SubField(AudienceField, '/') as AudienceSelectionField

Resident TableContainingAudienceField;

Now when you will select Manager in AudienceSelectionField it will select all places where Manager appear in AudienceField.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can create a linktable where you cna create a distinct list of all your audience types:

LINK:

LOAD AudienceField,

SubField(AudienceField, '/') as AudienceSelectionField

Resident TableContainingAudienceField;

Now when you will select Manager in AudienceSelectionField it will select all places where Manager appear in AudienceField.

Capture.PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Create a table linked to your original field and splitting the value into new records:

LOAD DISTINCT 

audience,

Subfield(audience,'/') as NewAudience

RESIDENT YourTable;

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny and swuehl. Looks like the information you two gave is very similar. I used the sample given by Sunny and it seems to be working the way I needed.

Awesome job.

Thanks,

Michael