Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
Not applicable

List box with values to search through data field, wildcard match or wild match

Hello all.

Not sure if this is possible but thought I would ask.

Lets say, my data has a field called audience which contains values like "Director/Manager", "Manager/Analyst" and "Director/Manager/Analyst". Now, I know if i create a list box to filter the data, that it would have those same values. However, is it possible to just have in a list box the values of "Director", "Manager" and "Analyst"? Then it would go against that audience field and filter the data with matches the selection, almost like a wild card match or wild match.

So, if I select "Director" it would find the matches of Director in the records with "Director/Manager" or "Director/Manager/Analyst" and display both sets of results?

Hope it makes sense,

Thanks,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: List box with values to search through data field, wildcard match or wild match

You can create a linktable where you cna create a distinct list of all your audience types:

LINK:

LOAD AudienceField,

SubField(AudienceField, '/') as AudienceSelectionField

Resident TableContainingAudienceField;

Now when you will select Manager in AudienceSelectionField it will select all places where Manager appear in AudienceField.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Re: List box with values to search through data field, wildcard match or wild match

You can create a linktable where you cna create a distinct list of all your audience types:

LINK:

LOAD AudienceField,

SubField(AudienceField, '/') as AudienceSelectionField

Resident TableContainingAudienceField;

Now when you will select Manager in AudienceSelectionField it will select all places where Manager appear in AudienceField.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

MVP
MVP

Create a table linked to your original field and splitting the value into new records:

LOAD DISTINCT 

audience,

Subfield(audience,'/') as NewAudience

RESIDENT YourTable;

Not applicable

Thank you Sunny and swuehl. Looks like the information you two gave is very similar. I used the sample given by Sunny and it seems to be working the way I needed.

Awesome job.

Thanks,

Michael