Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ListBox - Always at least one Selected Value needed (not Always One Selected Value)

I want to have my Listbox (Qlikview 10.0 SR2) have the behavior or allowing many selections but always have at least one selected.  I am aware of the Property "Always One Selected value", but this is not the behavior I want.  I want "Always One or more selected values".  How can I acheive this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could use triggers in Settings - Document properties for a Field Event (OnChange and OnSelect) to achieve this.

For example, if your field is Month, select Action Select - Select in Field with field

Month

and as search string

='('&if(GetSelectedCount( Month )=0,month(today()),GetFieldSelections( Month,'|' ) )&')'

This will have always one or more values selected (if you clear the selection, the month of today is selected).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could use triggers in Settings - Document properties for a Field Event (OnChange and OnSelect) to achieve this.

For example, if your field is Month, select Action Select - Select in Field with field

Month

and as search string

='('&if(GetSelectedCount( Month )=0,month(today()),GetFieldSelections( Month,'|' ) )&')'

This will have always one or more values selected (if you clear the selection, the month of today is selected).

Not applicable
Author

This is a great solution.  Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nice Solution.

jessica_webb
Creator III
Creator III

Hi swuehl,

This is just what I'm looking for, but I'm struggling to apply it to my measures.

The field is called 'Location', and I would like it to default to 'London'.

So I'm trying:

='('&if(GetSelectedCount( Location)=0,'London'),GetFieldSelections( Location,'|' ) )&')'

But that doesn't seem to be right.

Are you able to advise?
Many thanks.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Jessica,

I think you need to remove the closing bracket after 'London':

='('&if(GetSelectedCount( Location)=0,'London',GetFieldSelections( Location,'|' ) )&')'