Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Listed Values for Input Box Not Updating Immediately

I have an Input Box object whose listed values depend on another variable and I'm seeing some strange behavior when that variable changes. The list for the Input Box won't update until I use the list box.

Here are the specifics:

- I have a vLossType variable that is set by a button (toggling between three different values):

- I have two other variables, vLimitList and vLimitListSR that contain slightly different lists:

- When vLossType = "Loss Only" the Input Box should use vLimitListSR, otherwise it should use vLimitList, so this is what my Listed Values expression looks like:

- The problem is that when I use my button to switch between "Loss Only", "ALAE Only", "Loss+ALAE", if I check my Input Box dropdown in between, it continues to show what the expression's prior result was unless I use the Input Box (ie, select a value from the dropdown), after which the list updates to what it should be.

I've attached a simple example to show what I mean. Any thoughts on how to get the Input Box to recognize the variable change immediately, without having to interact with the Input Box first? (I should also mention that a Text Box object with the exact same expression updates immediately as I toggle through the loss types, which you'll also be able to see in the attached).

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I came up with my own solution (though it's more of a work-around). I'm using a second Set Variable action when the loss type button is used which sets the variable that the Input Box controls. In other words, I'm immediately forcing "interaction" with the Input Box so that the dropdown list it displays will update.

If someone knows of a more elegant solution, I'd be up for hearing it.

I've attached an updated version of my example with my "solution" included in case anyone's interested.