Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load SharePoint 365 Lists in Qlikview

Hello,

Lately I have been trying to create a connection between SharePoint 365 and Qlikview. This works great when I reload a .qvw document using the desktop client. Using the server however, I get the following error:

06-10-2015 08:42:56:     Error: Unknown error in MSXML

06-10-2015 08:42:56:     General Script Error

06-10-2015 08:42:56:     Execution Failed

06-10-2015 08:42:56:     Execution finished.

I am running Qlikview 10.

This is the link I use to obtain data from SharePoint:

https://[domain].sharepoint.com/[website]/_api/web/lists/getbytitle('[Listname]')/Items

I tried to add the SharePoint domain to my intranet, but still no luck.

I also tried the following URL, but it does not load any data using Server reload. It does not give any error though.

FROM [[domain].sharepoint.com/[website]/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&XMLDATA=1&RowLimit=0&List={ [list id] }&View={ [view id] }] (XmlSimple, Table is [xml/data/row]);

It also works perfectly using the Desktop Client. Only reason that I can think of that causes these problems is authentication. What can I do to solve this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your suggestions. I found a workaround.

I exported my list to Excel, which creates a data connection. Next, I created a batch file that refreshes the Excel-sheet & scheduled it on the server.

Now I can simply load the data from the Excel-sheet in Qlikview.

One benefit, the structure of the Excel data is much better than the XML i retrieved using owssvr.dll. Saved me a lot of work formatting.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There might be (at least) two things that could fail for your script:

1) The MSXML version installed.

2) The Account that the load script runs under when scheduled as a task might not have the right access to SharePoint.

Not applicable
Author

Petter,

1) If the MSXML version is outdated, wouldn't it also give an error when running the script in the desktop version of Qlikview?

2) How can I determine what account is used?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1) Yes if it is on the same machine - you are right

2) If you have a look at Services and find the QlikView Server (QVS) you can find out which account it is run as.

Not applicable
Author

Well, the problem is that SharePoint cannot be authenticated directly. If I logout from SharePoint in Internet Explorer, the local desktop reload is also not working anymore.

Since we use SharePoint online (365), I guess I have to search for a way to authenticate through Qlikview.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could use some other software like cURL to download the XML-file and then read it from local disk instead. That way you have more flexibility when it comes to authentication.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your suggestions. I found a workaround.

I exported my list to Excel, which creates a data connection. Next, I created a batch file that refreshes the Excel-sheet & scheduled it on the server.

Now I can simply load the data from the Excel-sheet in Qlikview.

One benefit, the structure of the Excel data is much better than the XML i retrieved using owssvr.dll. Saved me a lot of work formatting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jacob.

Could you tell me, how connect Excel to Sharepoint 365?.

Thank you

huangchao
Contributor III
Contributor III

hi, we have some problem and also downloaded into excel, but could you help on how to set up automatic scheduler to refresh data?