Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Load a Date greater than 12/31/9999

The database I'm loading from has a few dates that get set to 01/01/10000.  Yes, the year 10,000!

Oracle will create a date field with this date, but when I try to load it into Qlikview I get

ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC]Invalid datetime format

Is this a limitation of Qlikview or is there some setting that would circumvent the error?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I don't think that's related to Qlik because if you used: = makedate(10000) within a textbox it showed just the 01/01/10000. I assume that your used driver couldn't handle it - maybe you could try another one.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't think that's related to Qlik because if you used: = makedate(10000) within a textbox it showed just the 01/01/10000. I assume that your used driver couldn't handle it - maybe you could try another one.

- Marcus

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What is your source DBMS? And the original data type?

As far as I know, Oracle date data type range is limited to year 9999:

Data Types

markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Good thought on ODBC driver.  Can't find any confirmation, but it sounds likely.

The Oracle field is a DATE datatype.  I did a little research and found that you could store dates past 9999 in an Oracle date field because of the size.  Found this as a reference:

https://laurentschneider.com/wordpress/2008/01/what-is-the-lowest-and-highest-possible-date-in-oracl...

Will continue to look into the ODBC driver.  I think the solution is to not have such a crazy date in the source DB!