Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Load a Date greater than 12/31/9999

The database I'm loading from has a few dates that get set to 01/01/10000.  Yes, the year 10,000!

Oracle will create a date field with this date, but when I try to load it into Qlikview I get

ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC]Invalid datetime format

Is this a limitation of Qlikview or is there some setting that would circumvent the error?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I don't think that's related to Qlik because if you used: = makedate(10000) within a textbox it showed just the 01/01/10000. I assume that your used driver couldn't handle it - maybe you could try another one.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I don't think that's related to Qlik because if you used: = makedate(10000) within a textbox it showed just the 01/01/10000. I assume that your used driver couldn't handle it - maybe you could try another one.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

What is your source DBMS? And the original data type?

As far as I know, Oracle date data type range is limited to year 9999:

Data Types

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Good thought on ODBC driver.  Can't find any confirmation, but it sounds likely.

The Oracle field is a DATE datatype.  I did a little research and found that you could store dates past 9999 in an Oracle date field because of the size.  Found this as a reference:

https://laurentschneider.com/wordpress/2008/01/what-is-the-lowest-and-highest-possible-date-in-oracl...

Will continue to look into the ODBC driver.  I think the solution is to not have such a crazy date in the source DB!