cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gshockxcc
Creator
Creator

Load column headers separately

I am sure this question has come up before, but the searches I have done don't adequately yield the results I'm looking for.  I have column headers from one file, and data from another.  Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction to match up the two.

In the attached file, I'm trying to use [Instrument Tag] as the column heading for all fields in the data, except for the first two (@1, @2) which will be 'Date' and 'Time'.

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can try this?

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
gshockxcc
Creator
Creator
Author

Anil,

Thank you for the suggestion, but what I'm trying to do is load data from one file, and the column headers come from another file.  As an example:

Headers:

Load

Header1

Header2,

From

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msg);

Data:

Load

@1,

@2,

From

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msg);

Then, I would assume I could do a resident load from both tables to load the field names from the Headers table, and the data from the Data table.  I just don't know how to do that.

Or, can I import the field names into the Data table?

Thanks in advance.

gshockxcc
Creator
Creator
Author

After doing a bit more research, I stumbled across a "Join" post.  I don't use the join function very often, so admittedly, I'm not wise on the correct way to apply it.  but this is basically what I want to do.  I want to JOIN the Header table with the Data table, so that the Headers are my new Field Names.

I hope that's more clear.