Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Load wildcard files in single table

I want to load multiple files into one single "Orders" table.

The code below loads everything but in several tables : Orders, Orders-1, Orders-2...

How can I force everything into a single table?

LET csvFiles='$(path)'&'*.xlsx';

unqualify key;

Orders:

LOAD

key,

data1

data2,

FROM

$(csvFiles)

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is xxx);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think the unqualify key; has something to do with it as you probably have all your other fields qualified.

¿Am I right?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think the unqualify key; has something to do with it as you probably have all your other fields qualified.

¿Am I right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Right, if I write "unqualify *" (which is really not what I want to do), everything loads into a single "Orders" table.

But then it gets messy with the rest of my load (not shown here) as unwanted associations are created.

I can of course rename the fields directly, but there must be a way to combine the use of qualify/unqualify and wildcard files load, or isn't?

marcus_sommer

If you really want to qualify this table you will need to do it after the loop-load with an noconconatenate load on the loop-table which could be dropped afterwards. Of course this meant an additional load-step but this is one of many costs which you have to pay if you used qualifying especially if the aim is just to prevent unwanted connections - just my personal view on this matter ...

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I agree with Marcus, that is the solution or renaming fields as you said before.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus and Josefina, I ended up discarding the qualify and just renamed my fields one by one.

No more Orders duplicates: