Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Loading XLSB file format into Qlikview

glitter-hello-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

We have multiple xlsb format files and I want to load all of them in a single table. I have created ODBC connection but I can not find similar thread on how to load multiple files in single table.

Kaushik.solanki‌  I just see your threads regarding the xlsb format issue. Do you have any idea about this.?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this script

//to read each file from the specified folder

FOR EACH file in FileList('C:\Users\Tamilarasu.Nagaraj\Desktop\New folder (3)\*.xlsb');

//In order to get the file information from SQLtables command making use of the ODBC connection format

ODBC CONNECT32 TO [Excel Files;DBQ=$(file)];

Table:

SELECT *

FROM '$(file)'.'Sheet1$';

Next

Regards,

jagan.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Its not possible to load all the xlsb files in one go.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

That's sad. smiley-sad040.gif Also I am facing an issue while connecting the xlsb by using the ODBC method. I have created a connection string yesterday and it was working fine. When I opened the same yesterday eveing, it showing some error. Again the problem occurs today morning. I just created the connection again and it's working fine. Not sure, whether I need to create a connection every time.

Anyways, Thank you for the reply.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try OLEDB option and see if it works in your case.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Tamil,

You can try something like below, this is for excel you can try the same for XLSB file using ODBC and for loop.

//to read each file from the specified folder

FOR EACH file in FileList('filepath\*.xlsx');

//In order to get the file information from SQLtables command making use of the ODBC connection format
ODBC CONNECT32 TO [Excel Files;DBQ=$(file)];

tables:
SQLtables;
DISCONNECT;

FOR i = 0 to NoOfRows('tables')-1
LET sheetName = purgeChar(purgeChar(peek('TABLE_NAME', i, 'tables'), chr(39)), chr(36));
Table:
Load * ,
FileBaseName()as FIle,
FileDir() as Dir,
FileName() as File_Name,
'$(sheetName)'
as Sheet_name
From $(file)(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [$(sheetName)]);
NEXT i
Next

Regards,

Jagan.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

Kaushik,

I have tried the same by using the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers" but the test connection failed. See below screenshot.

Capture.PNG

It would be really grateful, If you could guide me.!!

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

You can give a try as Jagan has said.

For OLEBD it seems that the driver is corrupted, Try reinstalling the driver.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

Jagan,

I have modified the code but I am not sure what could be the format for xlsb. I know that

Biff - for extension xls

Ooxml - for extension xlsx.

Could you guide me.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is neither format - xlsb is an Excel binary file. You can only open this via ODBC (and possibly OLEDB). You cannot load it using a normal LOAD * FROM myFile.xlsx.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

Jonathan,

It seems, I can not loop through the multiple files.!!