Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading excel data from sharepoint gives error in Qlikview?

Loading excel data from share point site gives error in Qlikview?

Hello Everyone,

In my application I am pulling data from Sharepoint URL(Site is Https).

There are about four excel files available in this URL([https: // sharepoint. mydomain.com/ files /filename *.xls).

In the windows server when I am trying to load the excel data using the qlikview desktop reload Reload button I am getting the following error .

File not found error .

Cannot open file :’’

System error:Filesystem::FindImpl FindFirst call:Incorrect function

Just to say here the share point location URL are correctly mentioned .Also the files are exists in the said location with the data.

2)In the Qlikview QVW file using the Windows Explorer option to point to the sharepoint location URL for reading the excel data.

3)Since the sharepoint site is https we are mentioning in the sharepoint URL @SSL as below

\\XX.XXXX.XXX@SSL\Source\Qlikview\1.Dev\FileNam e *.xls

If I am running the same qvw file using the service account (Service account have been added in the sharepoint site ,it is having the contributor level privileges ) in QMC,I get the following error message .

1. TaskLog.txt :

Error    The task "Source Documents/XXXXXX/QVD_Load_XXXXX.qvw" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ThreadPoolJobStillRunningException: Aborting reload. Error: QDSMain.TaskResult ||    at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) ||    at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

20170228T070005.213+0100 Information     Task Execute Duration=00:00:05.1249672

20170228T070005.213+0100 Information     TaskResult.status=Finished

20170228T070005.244+0100 Information     Notifying all triggers of new state: "FinishedWithErrors"...

20170228T070005.244+0100 Information     Notifying all triggers of new state: "FinishedWithErrors" – Completed

1. DocumentLog.txt

Error: Cannot open file: '\\*****@SSL\XXXXXX\Qlikview source\1. Development\FileName Input *.xls'

20170228T070004.478+0100 Information 2017-02-28 07:00:03      Execution Failed

20170228T070004.494+0100 Information 2017-02-28 07:00:03      Execution finished.

Please help !!!

4 Replies
johnjustus
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Gupta,

Did you happened to resolve this issue? I have a very similar issue.

If you can share the steps that you took to resolve the issue that would be of a great help!

Thanks

johnjustus
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi - Does any one has any idea on this issue?

Thanks

z048224_
Contributor
Contributor

I was getting a similar error and switched the URL from the "Old" to "New" and it worked. I hope this helps.

New:

FROM

[http://xxx/tops/sites/bits/QlikView/Qlikview%20QMC%20Tasks%20Prod/Qlikview%20QMC%20Tasks.xlsx]

Old:

// FROM

// [http://xxx/tops/sites/bits/QlikView/Qlikview QMC Tasks Prod/Qlikview QMC Tasks.xlsx]

Topalva
Contributor
Contributor

For me the problem was that the new file that i was trying to import was. xlsx. Evan though in the ETL i put the right extension it still didn't worked. I had to modify the file.