Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading the excel data from sharepoint site problem

Hello, I am facing one wired situation to load the data from excel file and this file mounted on the share point.

Below is my piece code and it ran successfully on my desktop version.

LOAD * FROM

[http://myteamsusa/sites/Shared%20Documents/Golden%20path/PROCESS_ID_LIST.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Sheet 1]);

But it got failed on the server. Please find the below error message:

Error: Bad Zip File

General Script Error

Execution Failed.

I believe this is not access problem because I got bad Zip file error. Is this any format error or ?

Please help me how to solve the data ?

7 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

xlsx files are zipped filesystem strutucture. You can see it renaming a .xlsx file to .zip and opening it using winzip or another zip archiver.

This message happens when you try to open a xlsx corrupted file

Not applicable
Author

I could ran the qvw from my desktop client. I saw error only while loading on server ?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

This URL needs an authentication?

arieidel
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I had a similar problem trying to LOAD directly from an Excel file stored on a Sharepoint site. It worked with my user (running from my QV Desktop) but when I executed it on QV Server I had a network error.

I've been told that a Web Client service need to be installed and running on the server. Also, the Active Directory user of the QV Service need some special permissions. I couldn't go through this path because of security policies so I found a workaround: there is a job running periodically, which download the Excel files recently modified from the Sharepoint to a file-server. Then, the LOAD sentence reads the Excel file from the file-server without Sharepoint problems.

Not applicable
Author

can you please share the script to download the files from the Share point folder ?

arieidel
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

To download the files from Sharepoint there is a C#.NET component which uses the Web Service provided by Sharepoint. Because it runs periodically and I don't want to download every file each time, the component reads the Modified Date from each file and matches it against the DateTime of the last process, downloading only the last modified ones.

I hope the idea helps you!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I found this post when I was also searching for solution for same problem and I was able to solve the problem by  UNC path for share point. so I suggest you to try using UNC path for Share point,

Ex.:

Actual path

[http://myteamsusa/sites/Shared%20Documents/Golden%20path/PROCESS_ID_LIST.xlsx]

Then UNC path will be

\\myteamsusa\sites\Shared%20Documents\Golden%20path\PROCESS_ID_LIST.xlsx