Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Log 10 scale

I have data ranging between 1 and > 150, at present I am displaying this using the expression; log10(data), giving my graph a scale from zero to two and a bit with minor increment of I think 0.1 or 0.2. This is fine for me, however when displaying the data it requires explanation ("the actual value is not two it is one hundred") which I can do without.

I would however much rather have a base 10 scale from 1 to wherever however the only apparent log scale gives a hideous increment and as such skews the graph.

Is there a way to have a base 10 scale so that I could simply plot 'data' rather than log10(data), the graph would then have the same shape and appearance but the values on the axis would read e.g 1, 10, 100 rather than at present 0, 1, 2.

I hope my question makes sense and thanks in advance,

YDK

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The expression scale can be set to use a log scale. On the Axes tab of the properties screen you can check the Log Scale option. This option is not available for the dimension axis.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I know I have that option, but that scale is not base 10 as far as I

can see. I was wondering if it were possible to change the base of the

scale.

Thank you,

Youcef

Not applicable
Author

Yeh I can see that option, I was wondering if it were possible to change the base on the scale