Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Logfile says 'General Script Error'

Hi,

The QVWs in our server are scheduled to run at specified intervals and more often than not they complete successfully. Randomly we do get a notification mentioning a reload has failed which is ignored. However, one QVW in particular had failed continuously over the weekend and we decided to get to the bottom of it. I enabled log file generation from the QVW to trace into the problem. The log file created in the instance of a failure states 'General Script Error'... this does not give out much information to work with. Does anyone know what could lead to 'General Script Error' randomly?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try putting a Sleep(8000) after the Store command, to wait for 9 seconds.

I have found that sometimes even though the QlikView Store thinks it has finished, underneath in the os the data has not yet been fully flushed from cache to disc and causes this kind of symptom.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That can often be caused by contention / locks on qvd files.

Are there any qvd stores / loads shortly before the failure ?

Can you share the log file ?

Not applicable
Author

Lock on QVD file is possible as this generates a QVD after execution which is then picked up roughly 2 minutes later.

I've attached the log file for your reference but due to company policies I have to take out the SQL script.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try putting a Sleep(8000) after the Store command, to wait for 9 seconds.

I have found that sometimes even though the QlikView Store thinks it has finished, underneath in the os the data has not yet been fully flushed from cache to disc and causes this kind of symptom.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill,

I've set the sleep to 9 seconds as advised. Also thanks for the tip on the possible confusion between Qlikview and OS after the QVD is stored. I'll keep you updated.