Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loosely coupled table in Snow Flake

Hi All,

I was trying to design the data model like Snow Flake but now sure why there is loosely coupled table has been formed. Also the key field which is causing the loosely coupled table is required also.

Let me know how it can be avoided. I have lots are confusion over the loosely coupled table. Requesting you to provide some solution at the earliest.

error loading image

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Interesting. There doesn't seem to be an obvious reason for a loose coupling. Do you have a LOOSEN statement in your script?

The data looks quite well formatted for a star schema. What does the original data table view look like?

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Yes it is indeed interesting and confusing as well 😞

No, there is no loosen statement in my script. What do you mean by original table view? Are you asking about the existing application table view from where I am loading the data? If it is no there is no structured data model there.

To make model looks like star schema we summarized the transaction table in fact table.

Please let me know what you need to help me out!

Not applicable
Author

In the table viewer, have a loook at the source table view, as opposed to the internal table view

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

It looks the same in source table view also! Let me know what can be done for this? I am really confused about the loosely coupled table.

Why it is is getting created? What will be the problem if it exists? I heard that some times data may be wrong if loosely coupled table exists. In so many cases I am not able to avoid the key which is causing loosely coupled table in those case what has to be done.

Please help me out!

Not applicable
Author

Did you get a warning about the loose coupiling when you ran the load? There must be some column names common among your tables.

Expand the tables a bit in the atble viewer so you can see all the column names and try to find the common column names.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I did not get any warning message regarding the loosely coupled table. There is is no other common column names found as well.

Have copied the screen shot for your reference.