Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Losing text object in App

I have an application with one big down red arrow to show a decrease in a measure on current versus the previous values and a big up green arrow to show an increase.  Within these two arrows is a text object which shows the percentage increase or decrease.  The application when opened sometimes does not show these calculated values, at times it shows.  I have attached screen shots of these two scenarios.  What could be the cause for this abnormal behaviour?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

if possible can you share your app.

If not join me on skype.

I will test that for you.

my skype ID: ashfaqhaseeb

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Christopher,

Have you checked which layer you have these objects in (Properties - Layout - Layer). If they are in the same layer you might get inconsistent results. When developing an application with objects on top of each other I make sure I use the custom values so there is no risk of items being hidden.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Go to layout tab and select proper Layer.

Regards

ASHFAQ

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III

Go to the layout tab and make sure you give custom layers to there objects. For eg: you may give 1 to green and 2 to red

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear all

Thank you very much for your feedback.  I have tried to effect this but once i do this to one object, changes are being affected on the whole worksheet even if i have selected a particular object.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

This could the case if you have linked objects.

make sure you have individual text objects not linked objects.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

Thank you very much for your input.  The objects are not linked.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

if possible can you share your app.

If not join me on skype.

I will test that for you.

my skype ID: ashfaqhaseeb

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq

my apologies for the late response.  I did changes on the layout tab and selecting the proper layers and it is now working well