cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost ability to export to Excel after upgrading office

Hi,

I'm maintaining a Windows 2008r2 server with Qlikview 11 (SR 7) installed and having issues after installing excel.

I was previously using Open Office and had no problems exporting. A colleague pointed out we had a spare licence for Office 365 and so I installed excel on the server. I also uninstalled Open Office to save space yet when I try and export from QV client into excel, it does nothing. There are no problems exporting via Access Point and I can open excel separately. I've not found any other threads with the same problem. Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks in advance

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I seem to have resolved the issue... Although I could open Excel no problem, if I manually created a file (say xlsx) then windows didn't recognise which program to associate it to. So I created a file and changed its file extension through xls, xlsx and csv and then tried the export and all seems to work again.

It seems if you have previously set those file types to another program and then remove it, you'll need to manually associate again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I don't know what's the issue but you can right click on your chart and select Copy to Clipboard->Fulltable and open excel manually and paste there

I can walk on water when it freezes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ali - that is a useful method to get the data. I've even tried reinstalling the desktop client to see if that made any difference but not.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I seem to have resolved the issue... Although I could open Excel no problem, if I manually created a file (say xlsx) then windows didn't recognise which program to associate it to. So I created a file and changed its file extension through xls, xlsx and csv and then tried the export and all seems to work again.

It seems if you have previously set those file types to another program and then remove it, you'll need to manually associate again.