Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

MACRO TUTORIALS

Where can I find a simple tutorial on MACROS?

-code examples

-where to save them

-how to call them, etc.

7 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Think that there is no specific tutorial for QV available, but most of VB-procedures can be adopted.

Peter

markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Best source for macro info is the API Guide. You can find it in the Program Files\QlikView\Documentation directory on the machine you installed QV on.

I don't know of any basic QV macro building tutorials however.

Not applicable
Author

For general information on how to use macros within QlikView, see the QlikView Automation Reference.pdf. It should be in the Documentation folder of your QlikView install. That will give an overview of the Edit Module window where macros are entered.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!

Need VBScript for printing the active sheet.

Not applicable
Author

As Mark suggested, those types of answers can be found in the APIGuide. It is the best place to find information about automation. It is almost always in my Recently Used Documents list.

As for your question, it is an easy one:

ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.Print

Not applicable
Author

Quote: "Need VBScript for printing the active sheet."

Check how to do reports in QlikView... the sheet objects can be copied to a report, which is then printed from the usual menu option. It allows you to lay out the print differently to the visible sheet (i.e. in Portrait rather than Landscape) and will expand tables to remove the scroll bars. Much better than using macros Wink

rohan_mulay
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

hello ben6711,

check this.