Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro for Clearing selections

Hi all,

I created two sheets namely sheet1 and sheet2. I don't want sheet1 selections to be affected on sheet2 . Here the list box in sheet1 is checked with 'Always one selected value'. 

If I had selected some filters on sheet1 and when I switch to second sheet it should get cleared . At the same time when i come back to sheet1 it should have the same selections .

For this , I used the bookmarks trigger on sheet properties. It leads me to the issue that  whenever I switch from sheet 2 to Sheet1 , It shows me the same selections which created bookmark for the first time.

So, however I managed to write a macro by surfing so many blogs eventhough I am new to macro's section in qlikview.

Sub AlwaysOneSelected
Set QvObj=Activedocument.GetSheetObject("LB28")
Set MyField=QvObj.GetField
Set FieldProp=MyField.GetProperties
FieldProp.OneAndOnlyOne=True
MyField.SetProperties FieldProp
End Sub

Sub RemoveOnlyOneSelected
Set QvObj=Activedocument.GetSheetObject("LB28")
Set MyField=QvObj.GetField
Set FieldProp=MyField.GetProperties
FieldProp.OneAndOnlyOne=False
MyField.SetProperties FieldProp
ActiveDocument.ClearAll True
End Sub

After writing macro I used the external and Select in field triggers  on sheets but it again leads me to the same issue.

Can someone please help me in correcting this macro ? or any new solution.

Thannks in advance.

PS: I am using qlikview 10 

Regards,

Priya

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Whenever I want to Clear a specific Field I use this line of Code.

ActiveDocument.Fields("FieldName").Clear

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick reply Brian.

As I told am new to macro sections. Can you  please tell me clearly?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Here is an Example where I Clear a Field and Toggle a Variable while selecting a new value for that field

Replicating a On / Off State. vOpps is the Variable Name I use to control the If statement or Toggle effect.

The 0 or 1 can be defined any way you want  0 = off

The .Clear is the Method used against the specified field in parens ()

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sub ToggleOpps

set v = ActiveDocument.GetVariable("vOpps") 'first create a variable

Cnt= v.getcontent.String

'prop = myobj.GetProperties

if Cnt=0 then

ActiveDocument.Fields("FlgOpp").Clear

ActiveDocument.GetField("FlgOpp").Select "0"    'Hide Opps

v.setContent "1",true    'Hide Opps

else

ActiveDocument.Fields("FlgOpp").Clear

'ActiveDocument.GetField("FlgOpp").Select "1"    'Show Opps

v.setContent "0",true    'Show Opps

end if

end sub

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

A great way of starting a clean selection each time you activate a sheet is using Qlikview's built-in 'clear' OnActiveSheet feature. This is not a direct answer to your question, but i note here since its a useful feature. Perhaps the macros are not necessarily needed.

Setting -> Document Properties -> select Sheets tab -> click on the SheetID/Title you want to have cleared on activating -> click on Properties (note -- if you have not selected the sheet you want to apply this to, Properties will be greyed out) -> Click Add Action or Edit Action(s) under 'OnActiveSheet' -> Click Add -> select Action Type 'Selection' and Action 'Clear All'.

Each time you then activate the given Sheet, the 'Current Selections' will be cleared.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How about simply placing the 2 sheets each in a different alternate state ?

This will achieve exactly what you want, as in the selections of the 2 sheets being independent of each other.

It is dead easy to do and avoids messing about with macros which will not work with the Ajax client.