Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro limitations in Full Browser access point

Hi all,

Can anyone let me know which kind of macros & triggers works on "Full Browser Access Point" ?

Is there any limitations and steps to follow on macros and triggers for Access Point view ?

Greatly appreciated for your response.

Regards

venkat

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Venkat,

Yes, There are limitations of using macros in "Full Browser Access Point".

But Almost 95% of the triggers available in qlikview are working fine and there are no specific list as of now.

It is better to reduce writing macros in Qlikview since Qliktech also not suggesting the same.

--

Vinoth

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Venkat is correct in his reply. A good starting point is the reference manual and he will tell you the ones that will not work. However, the problem with most marcos in AJAX is a lot of them try to run on the client and with AJAX the client is the server and not the user machine.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vinoth,

Thanks for responding on my post.

Below macro is not working in the "Full Browser Access Point", mainly the bolded line is not working. But below macro working properly with IE Plugin.

Can i know is any other approach that should work on "Full Browser Access Point" ?

sub OpenURL

if ActiveDocument.Fields("Link").getSelectedValues.Count = 1 then

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Launch ActiveDocument.Evaluate("URL"),""

ActiveDocument.Back 'Go back so we don't do the selection

end if

end sub

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Qlikview apps are very best supported in IE plugin, you can get the same look and feel as it is in Qlikview desktop, but in Ajax client it is bit different.  Also many macros functions cannot support in Ajax client, try to avoid macros if possible.  Use existing trigger events in Qlikview.  Internet Explorer has better control on Qlikview than any other browser.

Regards,

Jagan.