cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradeep_s
Creator
Creator

Macro to create Straight table chart

I need help to generate Straight table chart in QV using Macro. I will define the list of dimensions, Expressions, Conditions(to enable/disable), Expression and dimension labels in an excel sheet. If i run a macro (written inside QV), that should generate a Straight table chart, fetching all the dimensions, Expressions etc.. from excel sheet.

Please help me in coding a macro of this kind.

3 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Would rather recommend to work with conditional display of dimensions and expressions.

You may check solutions under

https://community.qlik.com/thread/253059

Design a Self-Service Sheet

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-16140

pradeep_s
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply Peter!

Creating self reports with conditional display is mostly for slice and dice of data.

My question is about initial chart creation. (DEVELOPMENT STAGE)

Assume you need to build a straight table chart with 100 dimensions and 10 expressions. For those 100 dimensions, each 10 will have different conditions to enable/disable (conditions may be a business scenario, and should be calculated using expressions). If i want to build a straight table chart for this, i have to manually add these 100 dimensions and their respective conditions, one by one. It will take lot of time to do this. If i want to alter some thing on conditions for all of them, again i want to edit them manually.

If we get this from excel sheet and generate a chart using macro, lot of our time will be saved during initial development, as well as for any amendments.

SO i definitely need a macro code for this, because macros are the only way to automate chart creations in QV.

It can be reusable and helpful for many, depends on their requirements.

prieper
Master II
Master II