Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro to to call Excel Sheet

Hi All,

Is there anyway i can use a macro to project the exact format of an excel sheet into qvw? Can anyone suggest any idea of doing this?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

What do u want ?

Can u please explain your question why do u need macro to import excel ?

Not applicable
Author

I have a report in an excel sheet and i need to use it to display the sheet in qvw.The reason i do it is because the report is too complex to build in Qlikview and the only last option i choose is using macro. I'm relatively new to macro and it's function. Just want to make sure if macro can do that.

Not applicable
Author

I have the same issue.

I also need to open a excel document through qlikview but I got no idea how.

Not applicable
Author

If you want to open a excel file from Qlikview, you can do it by adding a button. In the button Actions property Add an action to launch an external application and map the excel file.

This will enable you to open the excel file from qlikview when the button is clicked.

Not applicable
Author

A s per my knowledge ther is no such macro to show external report developed in excel & show in qlikview unless the same report will not be implemented in qlikview.

However u can launch extrernal document like excel through action but it will only redirect u to that document, it doesn't mean qlikview will show the report as appeared in the document

Not applicable
Author

Another question, is it possible for me to paste a table from qvw to the exact position of the excel sheet in different excel sheet? I manage to paste the table to the excel sheet using macro below. Is there anyway to enhance it and do the task i describe above?

Sub SendToExcel

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH72")

x = Now()

x = Replace(x,"/","-")

x = Replace(x,":","-")

FileName="C:\xxx.xls"

obj.ExportBiff FileName

Set objexcel=GetObject("Excel.Application.")

objExcel.Visible=True

objExcel.Workbooks.Open "C:\xxx.xls"

End Sub

Thanks!