cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbushey1
Creator III
Creator III

Macros - work for some users, not others

Has anyone experienced a macro working for some users and not others?

Specifically in desktop mode.

I wrote a macro that moves objects around on a sheet when a button is clicked (filters). This works flawlessly for me, the creator, but it doesnt work so well for other users of the same QVW. It is almost as if the macro isnt being run when they click the button. They get a pop-up of the macro window and yet none of the objects moved.

Could this just be a setting they need to check?

Suggestions welcomed.

hic‌ - I know you wrote about "Macros are bad" so I am hoping you might be able to weigh in here (sorry for the tag).

5 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

In addition to the macro security that you can set in the macro editor (or ctrl-shift-M), the execution of macros must be allowed on the user-level. This is set in "Settings -> User Preferences -> Security" for the individual user.

HIC

cbushey1
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Henric,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I have checked and both myself and the users who have the issues have the same configuration in the user preferences. We have "Confirm Launch from Macro" checked.

Any other suggestions?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

And what do you have if you press ctrl-shift-M?

ctrl-shift-M.png

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

... also, in the user preferences, you may need to have "Module", "Launch", and "Confirm Launch" checked:

User pref security.png

cbushey1
Creator III
Creator III
Author

For module security, all users have the same as your screenshot.

For user preferences, all users only have confirm launch.

Looking at the other two you circled, I would expect I only need those if my macro is trying to access the file system which mine is not. I could certainly try checking those boxes and see but if that does solve it, why can I run the macro without checking the circled boxes 1 and 2?