Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MajoMacs
Contributor
Contributor

Maintain selection on field one even if field 2 has triggers connected to field 1

Hello - I have  two fields (1. Products and 2. Pipeline By). Pipeline By field has trigger in which if you will make a selection in that field, it will automatically make a selection in the Products field.

Is there any way where we can maintain this but if I will make a selection in the Products field and change the selection in the Pipeline by field, the selection I made in the Products field will not change?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (5)
1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Short answer is no. The way QlikView works is changing selections on all fields depending on other selections on other fields, directly by a click of a user or indirectly like an action in your case.

As long as two fields are associated (not linked) once you make a selection in one it will be reflected in the other. If you reverse the selection in the other field, the former will also be modified accordingly.

However, you are creating a island table, separate from the data model, and using that for the triggering, so use another OnChange or OnSelect trigger to modify the previous value. 

It's not the way QlikView behaves, though, and if users are accustomed to use QlikView that will be an unexpected behavior.