Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Maintaining fixed structure in a pivot table

Hello, I have the following problem. I have a pivot table with two dimensions: Month and Recruit/Termination. The metric I use is the count of the number of employees being recruited/terminated for each month. Lets assume there is a couple of recruit categories: "Acquisitions" and "Normal Recruits", and a couple more termination types: "Separations", "Leavers" and "Transfers".

I would like QlikView to keep showing all those categories, even when no cases exist for some of them during a year. For example, for this year there were no terminations identified as "transfers". I need to see the "Transfers" category in the table, even when there will be only zeroes in the count for each month.

I understand that the structure of a pivot table is dinamically created, according to available data, so if no data is available for a specific category (for a specific termination or recruit category in our example) Qlikview will have no way to discover that particular category, just as the way a Pivot Table in Excel works.

Then, my question is:

- Is there a way to force a particular structure in the pivot table, for example, forcing the "Transfers" category to show, or is there a better solution than using a pivot table?

I hope anyone can help me, regards!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you please attach sample application. We will try to help you out!

whiteline
Master II
Master II

To keep those Categories you can simply load them with null values for these months.