Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Make LEGEND Horizontal Display instead of Vertical

How do you make the legen horizontal instead of displayed vertically like the image below, or does QV not have that capability?

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Phil's suggestion should work. It's possible that some other positioning has corrupted the legend settings. Go to the General tab in Properties, and press both "Reset User Sizing" and "Reset User Docking." Then try dragging the legend again.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Select the chart object by clicking on the caption. Then press <ctrl>-<shift> and hold. You will see a number of red boxes on the chart. Grab the one around the legend and move all the way to the top or bottom of the object. You should see the box change from vertical to horizontal (i.e. it will get much wider). When it does this, let go of the mouse.
-Phil

Not applicable
Author

I tried this as I'm aware of the ctrl+shift and red boxes for alignment purposes, but it doesn't display the legen horizontally.. This is weird!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Phil's suggestion should work. It's possible that some other positioning has corrupted the legend settings. Go to the General tab in Properties, and press both "Reset User Sizing" and "Reset User Docking." Then try dragging the legend again.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Vlad, you made it work!

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Vlad - That's nice little tip and I always used to wonder why it wouldn't work. And I had to admit that I had recreated the chart to get this working. Thanks again for your value contribution.

Cheers - DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

me to:)

thanks Vlad

Not applicable
Author

In my case, by dragging also legends are not displaying in horizontal.

Please help.

Not applicable
Author

This was very helpful for me, thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I also struggled a lot and the legend always displayed a single column.

I've clicked on 'Reset user sizing' and 'Reset user docking' and boom, it split itself horizontally into more columns.

Thank you!