Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Make a column appear shaded via formula_properties (code)

Hi,

can I, via the formula_properties, make a column in a combo_chart shaded?

Background: I have a diagram that shows - based on an Excel-list - the current status of development of QlikView_apps and the resp. documentation in different areas.

The colour of the bars is currently based on that status - red-yellow-green. It's the same for both categories - app and documentation.

That makes it easier to spot right away what is the current status - but there is no clear distinction (except the position) between app and docu  - and in the caption, both expressions have the same colour associated.

I'd like to make that distinction clearer.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this isn't possible. But perhaps you could per condition depended color-functions like argb() or colormix2() to reach a better distinction.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

is there any other way that I could make two columns distinguishable while keeping both in the same colour?

We have quite a limited range of CI_colours and I'd like to stick with

- green for the employees who are present

- red for those who are recorded sick

Still, I have to distinguish each of these categories into two parts. Since I cannot stack columns group-wise, but only all or none, I won't stack the columns at all, but rather work with a second dimension.

Thanks a lot for any ideas!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

one more thought:

I have experimented with the argb() fct and that looks okay - it distinguishes the two, anyway.

Could I not, by implementing a second, artificial dimension (from an inline table) do sth. similar to group-wise stacking of columns?