Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Making a bar graph with bars sorted.

I am new to QlikView, and what I want to do is create a bar graph with one bar per data point.  The data I am using comes from an Excel spreadsheet with two columns, weight and cholesterol.  I want each individual bar to represent a single person, and the height of the bar to represent cholesterol.  Also, I want the bars to be sorted by weight in ascending order.  The x-axis represents weight, and the y-axis represents cholesterol.

But I cannot figure out how to sort the bars by weight.  When the graph is rendered, the bars seem to be rendered in no particular order, as shown below:

Cholesterol_Bar_Graph.jpg

Here are the data points I am using, if that is important:

Cholesterol_Table.jpg

Any assistance anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That is exactly the kind of graph I want.  Thank you.  By the way, can you tell me how to make the bars wider?  For some reason, the Line/Symbol Settings are grayed out.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Are you looking for this?

Add Dimension as : Weight

Expr: Avg(Cholestrol)

Then in Sort tab use like below:

Capture.PNG

Output:

Capture1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That is exactly the kind of graph I want.  Thank you.  By the way, can you tell me how to make the bars wider?  For some reason, the Line/Symbol Settings are grayed out.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Your Line/Symbol setting will be enabled only if you use combo chart. Combo chart can have bar with line. So what exactly you are trying to do. Can you share your expected output you are looking for. You can use your Bar settings to increase the bar distance from Presentation tab Bar settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I used the Bar settings to make the bars wider.  Thank you very much.  Have a nice day.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you get what you trying for?