Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Making a selections impossible to be deleted

Hi everyone,

I am starting with QlikView and I have a question about how to make that a selection would be impossible to be deleted without using the lock/unlock.

An example of what I really would like to do is the selction of the language in the 'Finance Controlling' example coming with QlikView.

I've already implemented all translations buttons etc. .. As in the example, I also have my language automaticaly added in the 'Current Selections' box but I am still able to click on it to make it disapear. In the example, there is no way to delete that selection.

Please, does someone knows how they did that?

Thanks for the help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can just remove it, if you don't use this listbox.

Regards,

Andris

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Caro,

in this case they are using a flag for the corresponding field. In my german version of the finance app the field is called "Sprache". Check out the macro of the language-button to find out your fieldname (I suppose "language"). Then create a simple listbox of that field. In general tab you will find a checkbox "Always one selected value". Thats all. 😉

Note: this checkbox can only been seen when exactly one value is selected.

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hello again,

pushing the post button I remembered a much more easier way to find out the corresponding field: it is of course shown in the "Current Selections". Then Listbox, ....

RR

Not applicable
Author

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, in the current selection I have my corresponding field. I also have created the button and filled in the action tab exactly the same way.

As you suggested it, I have added a list box and selected the checkbox "Always one selected value" and it worked 🙂

But the thing is that, in the Finance Controlling there is no list box of the Language field, only the buttons which make reference to it. Is there a hidden list box of your Sprache field that I can't find? Or was the way to create the button different than the way I did? because now, I have a list box almost for no use.

Even if it is working now, I realy like to understand what I do 😉

thanks,

Caro.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can just remove it, if you don't use this listbox.

Regards,

Andris

Not applicable
Author

Hi Caro,

the reason for this appraoch is very simple: it is the only way I personally know how to set the flag "Always one selected value". There may be other ways without having the need to create a listbox. Concerning that listbox, as mentioned in the post above, just delete it. And when you find out a shorter way don't hesitate to post it!!

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Oki doki 🙂

Thank you very much !