Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2bxornot2b
Contributor II
Contributor II

Manage Section Access via Excel

Hello everyone, 

I have a few questions regarding section access via an Excel table.
I have a manifold of users, some of them are allowed to see all data, but most of them are only allowed to see data that meets one of three criteria that are defined in the original table. 

So for example:
There is an original file that contains sales data with different products, countries, User A is allowed to see all data where Country = France, Product = Paper or sales person = User A.

As there are so many different users with different entitlements, I'd like to put them in an Excel file instead of the code, but I'm not sure how to include the "or" condition here.

Also, I experienced some difficulties choosing only one criterion, as it forbade any test users without admin rights to access the document. All headlines in the original file are written in upper cases.

Any ideas?

3 Replies
salted
Contributor II
Contributor II

HI

Try creating a generic key with all option added like

country|Product|SalesPerson etc

and create one in the backend data source

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Generic-keys/ta-p/1496560

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Kush's reply is spot on, the first link should be what you need to review, and I just wanted to point out the other links at the bottom of that post, may be good to review those too just to get the complete picture on everything, but that should cover what you need.  If that works, be sure to use the Accept as Solution button on Kush's post to give him credit for the help and let other Community Members know that worked for you.  If you have further questions, shout back.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.