Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayna
Creator II
Creator II

Management Console - One Document License

Hello,

I am attempting to use the a license that allows us to use only one document, and therefore, within the management console I have a check box that displays:

Availability limtations
Allow this document to be loaded by the QlikView Server

I only have the one document currently within my directory, but this is greyed out, so I cant select my document. Any ideas??

You're help is most appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Dayna

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Dayna,

please follow these instructions: http://www.quickqlearqool.nl/?p=809

Not applicable

In case that link won't works in future:

Last week I was installing Qlikview server 9 with a community license. This type of license only allows two Qlikview documents on the server at the same time. After some testing the Qlikview documents were locked and there was no possibility to unlock or remove them. Qlikview support gave me the following solution:

There is a bug verified for QVS 9.00.7119 using the QlikView for communities license and the bug is that you are unfortunately unable to remove the documents that are locked in for the license. This will of course be corrected for the upcoming Service Release 1 which is due early September.

There is a workaround which has not been tested properly. I tried it out and it seems to work without any side effects and since it's a test server you might want to go ahead.

Here's the exact procedure:
1. Stop the QVS Service:

stap 12. Delete FDL.dat:

On vista the file to remove is over here:
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs

If you use XP/Server 2003 it will be under Documents and Settings\All users\application data\qliktech\qvs.

stap 23. Start the QVS Service again and go to the Qlikview Enterprice Management Console. The list of occupied documents is cleared.